[linux-audio-user] lmms + vst

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Feb 20 08:40:32 EST 2006

Ryan Heise wrote:

>I have just downloaded and compiled LMMS with vst support, and would
>like to try it with the MrRay73 plugin. When I double-click on the MrRay
>dll, it takes a number of minutes to load. Is this normal? I am also
>using the latest debian unstable release of wine.

I don't know about that particular plugin. I've been trying out a few
other VST plugins with LMMS (I built it yesterday). The plugins come up,
but some have problems. The Crystal synth launches fine, but when I try
to select a new patch it crashes everything (LMMS + plugin), The DFX
Transverb seemed happy with LMMS, I just haven't really done anything
with it. I assume VST support is supposed to include support for VSTi
plugins too ?

If MrRay is a freebie, where can I pick it up ?

Btw, Crystal works fine with fst 1.7. Testing system here is latest
Demudi 1.3, LMMS 0.1.4.

Best,

dp