[linux-audio-user] [OT] Guitar amp

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Mon Feb 20 15:10:26 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 12:15 -0500, Them wrote:
> Michael T D Nelson wrote:
>
> > It's clearly a replacement for a Line 6 POD Pro. No doubt about that.
>
> To be honest, I think the PODxt sounds much better than the V-Amp... I
> use a PODxt Live (through a Mesa/Boogie 50/50 power amp and a 2x12
> cabinet), and my rhythm guitarist plays the V-Amp... and maybe it's due
> to his native guitar tone also, but the V-Amp sounds rather plasticy to
> my ears. It sounds a bit better going into a 4x12 cabinet (a huge
> improvement over the single 1x12), but it still doesn't sound as clean
> as the PODxt.

    Uh, you don't think the Mesa Boogie has anything to do with the
sound???   Seriously though, I have a V-Amp Pro and I have friends who
use the POD XT.  I don't here all that big a difference when they're
played through the same gear.  Even if there was a large difference is
it worth the $530 difference in price?

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744