[linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Feb 20 16:16:04 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 13:01 -0800, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> But please, IMO, don't pay for any non-open source software. There are
> lots of excellent p2p tools you can use to get the software you need.
> Please don't support makers of non-open source software.

What?!?!?  Are you serious?  This is terrible advice.  Just because we
don't like their business model does not give us the right to steal from
them.

How can we expect people to abide by the GPL if we don't respect their
licensing terms?  Stealing proprietary software is exactly as immoral as
proprietary vendors ripping off GPL'ed code.

Lee