[linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 18:32:18 EST 2006

Re: Fons's post(Sorry if my spelling is bad)

Well said, THANK YOU.

Wether or not the person you are dealing with is moral, by acting
immorally you are no better than them.  If you have made a contract
which THEY HAVE NOT BROKEN, and you break it, you are acting immorally,
and are at the point in time worse than them.

Wether or not the contract should exist is a debate I am not getting
into, I can see to many possibilities if they didnt exist including, but
not limited to, recording houses having become in-house development
studios in much the same way as custom software is written for movies
and their 3D.  Nothing like becoming even MORE isolated.  As I said this
is ONE possibility, so please dont take it to mean this is the only
possibility I see happening, it isnt, but I cant predict future, or
other possibilities for the present, as that is not my domain to do so.

But they do exist and by making a contract and not abiding by it you are
being immoral.

          Seablade