[linux-audio-user] Re: favorite window Manager for making music?

The Other sstubbs at shout.net
Tue Feb 21 03:04:31 EST 2006

tim hall wrote:

>On Monday 20 February 2006 16:31, Cesare Marilungo was like:
>

>>>IceWM hasn't been mentioned yet.  Menus within menus, the Windows key
>>>to open up the menus,
>>>

>>The Windows key? =-O
>>
>>What you're talking about?
>>
>>I eradicated them from the keyboard when I switched to gnu/Linux. I
>>thought I wouldn't need them anymore!
>>

>I think he's talking about the key that _should_ be known as 'the penguin
>key'. i.e. the META_[L|R] key. I use it all the time for custom keybindings
>as there is no chance of conflict with the system.

Ah....what can I say?

It *is* a Windows key on my keyboard, because it's a Microsoft ergonomic
keyboard that was sent to me by Microsoft when I got name picked at
random from sending in my registration for Windows 95 after the August
24, 1995 launch.

Microsoft also sent some software (which I didn't use), and a very nice,
lucite, 30-60-90 right triangle (3-D affair, with the base as the short
leg of the triangle) that commemorated the launch of Windows 95.  I
still use the keyboard and the lucite paperweight.

Now if Linux wanted to send me an ergonomic keyboard and penguin
paperweight......  :)
Stephen.