[linux-audio-user] Partition always is full

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Tue Feb 21 10:22:53 EST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 13:27, Vaughan Famularo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I filled one of my partitions the other day by mistake and then
> proceeded to delete some files.
> Anyways, I got rid of about 2 gig but ever since, every program or
> indicator continues to think that it is still full.
>
> I have NO IDEA why this is happening, can anyone help me please???
>
> Thanks
>
> Peppercorn

Hi Vaughan. The only time I had a similar problem was when using KDE's
superuser file manager to get rid of some /var/cache/apt/archive files. The
default option in the right click context menu showed.
Move to Wastebin            Delete
Using this option does not delete the trash, but creates a hidden file
in /root/.local/share/trash , and puts all the stuff you think you've trashed
in there, and is why my / partition was still showing full. The solution with
the superuser file manager was to go to
Settings/Configure-Konqueror/Behaviour , check the box "Delete", which will
then be added to the right click context menu.

Nigel.