[linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source: Where do *you* stand?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Feb 21 14:37:05 EST 2006

Hallo,
Pete Bessman hat gesagt: // Pete Bessman wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 10:01 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Contracts can be morally wrong, too.
>
> I don't know how, though.  Private contract and public law are two
> entirely different things.

It's even easier for a contract to be morally wrong, because generally
public law is influenced by the common view of morals more than
private contracts. In German that would be a contract, that is
"sittenwidrig". I think, the legal term in English is "contrary to
public policy". Contracts to sell your vote would be an example for
this, though these are illegal as well in many countries.

Ciao