[linux-audio-user] Maturing of Linux Music Software

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Feb 21 15:09:03 EST 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 21:56, linux-audio-user-request at music.columbia.edu
wrote:
> > Still no ALSA support for my Dman2044 either.
>
> according to the geman website, there's even no support for Win XP, NT
> and 2000.

Yup, only win98 available. Nice support and closed sources from
Midiman/mAudio!

> Don't know the device, but if you're pleased with Linux, maybe a
> replacement makes sense?

$$
Also, I like the nice breakout box. Actually, this card uses the es1968
interface chip (and is auto-detected as such) but instead of the ac97 codex,
it has two crystal 4242 chips. There used to be a snd-pdplus for those. I
looked at the sources and could not really figure out what to do with them,
assuming simply replacing ac97 calls with crystal ones with code borrowed
from pdplux would get one set working.