[linux-audio-user] Re: Free Software vs. Open Source:Where do*you* stand?

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Wed Feb 22 10:57:19 EST 2006

Mark Knecht escribe:
> In my pessimistic moments I think of what happened with LinuxSampler.

What happened with LinuxSampler?

I humblely think that this project lost focus since the very
beginning. Going for such an ambitious synthesis model and then
limiting itself to compatability with GigaSampler with such a big
amount of Akai and soundfonts sounds out there made it a proyect whose
head could be easily lost.

On the other side, qsynth plus fluidsynth simply does it, much on the
UNIX way of thinking, do one thing, do it well, then provide means so
many apps do their thing all together.

> In my pragmatic moments I just use Linux, Windows and Macs to make me
> happy and don't worry too much about any of the above... ;-)

And audio hardware, so lovely... :)

Cordially, Ismael
--
mí, myself et moi http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/