[linux-audio-user] Playing WAVE, was Re: (no subject)

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Wed Feb 22 11:52:12 EST 2006

Sampo Savolainen escribe:
> your system probably has a global /etc/asound.conf which maps default to a
> plughw device of some sort. That way alsa converts the mono 11025hz signal
> to something your soundcard is capable of playing.

It hasn't any /etc/asound.conf. This works:

$ aplay -D plughw:0,0 shared/testing.wav

Those plughw devices are predefined ones when no .asoundrc is being
used?

> With hw:x,y you can select the hardware (hw) device (x) and subdevice (y).
>
> It depends on your configuration which number each device has, and it
> depends on your hardware what subdevices each device has. Subdevices are
> _not_ channels.

Output from aplay -l:

$ aplay -l
card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 0: Intel ICH [Intel ICH6]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: ICH6 [Intel ICH6], device 4: Intel ICH - IEC958 [Intel ICH6 -
IEC958]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: Modem [Intel ICH6 Modem], device 0: Intel ICH - Modem [Intel
ICH6 Modem - Modem]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

This means I've two cards and the first one two devices, doesn't it?

>  Sampo

Cordially, Ismael
--
mí, myself et moi http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/