[linux-audio-user] Muse

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Feb 22 13:30:21 EST 2006

Still cannot compile it but was able to install from Debian Sid.
1. Must dkpg-reconfigure to set the suid bit. The configure information said
no need to do this for 2.6 kernels but use realtime-lsm which I do. Without
setting the bit, it could not detect jack.
2. It could not load any ladspa plugins. Complained they all lacked the header
and terminated on the first one. Had to run with the no plugin option. These
plugins show up in xmms and audacity just fine.
3. Vst not enabled here, obviously, because fst and the vst development kit
are not on Sid. Non-free.
4. Fluidsynth played any soundfont I tried as a piano. I cannot voutch for the
soundfonts as I never used them anywhere. Freebies from some synth site.
5. Organ O-1 works very nicely but my 575mhz PIII cannot quite hack it.
The distortion VAM also works. I had these working on previous muse versions
off Sid as well. It is possible to write soft synth that will run fine on
this machine, I have a few for Windows.