[linux-audio-user] Re: ubuntu studio -rt

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Thu Feb 23 05:44:26 EST 2006

Carlo Capocasa escribe:

> > group audio getting realtime only using PAM via
>
> I'm using the PAM binary package straight of ubuntustudio.com on Debian
> Etch and it works like a charm.
>
> Carlo

I was missing that page! So there are three ways to get realtime,
realtime-lsm which is deprecated (why, exactly?), set_rlimits which
seems tricky, and the recommended rlimits aware PAM way. I am trying
the last one, but libpam_modules at sid is 0.79 not 0.76, and I will
need to recompile for powerpc and still don't know if patch will apply
cleanly.

Will let you know.

Cordially, Ismael
--