[linux-audio-user] My rant on toolkits.. :)

Carotinho Hi! carotinobg at yahoo.it
Fri Feb 24 14:27:30 EST 2006

Hi!

> If I had to make a choice, I'd want the apps to be Gnome even though I
> use the KDE desktop more.

I'd say the opposite, for a simple reason: responsivity of the GUI. For some
reason, my PIII 866 responds badly worse with "light" GTK apps than with
"slow" signalled QT apps... I can't even bear Gnome for this reason, apart
from preferring the general look of KDE. Don't know about the daemons,
though.

Byez!

Carotinho