[linux-audio-user] Partition always is full

Fri Feb 24 17:00:56 EST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-21 at 12:27 +0000, Vaughan Famularo wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I filled one of my partitions the other day by mistake and then
> proceeded to delete some files.
> Anyways, I got rid of about 2 gig but ever since, every program or
> indicator continues to think that it is still full.
>
> I have NO IDEA why this is happening, can anyone help me please???

How do you know it is full?

Type "df" to look at what the os sees.
It may be you have not erased enough stuff. Ext filesystems reserve a
percentage that is usable only by root, so you could have erased stuff
but userspace tools may report it is full because the space available is
only usable by root.

-- Fernando