[linux-audio-user] Re: rosegarden without KDE?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Sat Feb 25 15:52:22 EST 2006

On Sat February 25 2006 15:40, Alberto Botti wrote:
> The implementation of GConf has nothing to do with the Windows
> registry. Its default backend uses XML files, with the
> settings of each application stored in a different directory.

You're correct, I misunderstood gconf entirely.  I'd still be
happier with a KDE-style prefs storage method since it's easier
to edit ini-style files with emacs or vi than it is to edit

"<stringvalue>&lt;categories&gt;&lt;category
a=&quot;Holiday&quot;
icon=&quot;/usr/share/pixmaps/evolution-data-server-1.2/category
_holiday_16.png&quot; searchable=&quot;1&quot;/&gt;&lt;category
a=&quot;Ideas&quot;
icon=&quot;/usr/share/pixmaps/evolution-data-server-1.2/category
_ideas_16.png&quot;"

etc.... but it's a lot better than the Windows registry.

Anyway, they both really need to find a way to compromise so fins
doesn't have to run kcontrol to mess with his KDE apps and I
don't have to deal with the blank screen of gnome-control-center
for my Gtk apps.

Rob