[linux-audio-user] Re: Quiet PC Components?

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Sun Feb 26 20:53:22 EST 2006

Man I envy you. I've got a LAPTOP to silence and the darn thing (a Dell
Inspiron by the way) inspires me to wish I was deaf. It started out fine
and if you only use it for a couple hours and turn it off it's fine. If
you use it for a while suddenly you wonder why the neighbour is using a
hacksaw to cut through his concrete driveway before you realize good ol'
Mike designed the fan to sound that way by Porsche sound designers who
got kicked out for their sound being not masculine enough. My computer
sounds like the 'angry Italian housewife' version of a 911 boxter.
Squeaaaak! Braaaawwwl!
Carlo