[linux-audio-user] Re: Bristol Audio synthesiser emulation

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 06:36:43 EST 2006

On 2/27/06, Nick Copeland <nickycopeland at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Loki,
>
> The engine has not been able to open the listerner socket so the GUI has
> also failed to connect. You may already have this socket active. You could
> select an alternative port number with the -port option. You can use
> 'netstat -an | grep 5028' to see if it is in use. Its not a common port
> number, but it is not reserved so could easily be used.
>
> Will look into the CFLAGS for the next release.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick.

# netstat -an | grep 5020
#

So nothing using that port. I still get connection probs. Does it work
on 64 bit?

./bin/startBristol -b3 -port 5020

spawning midi thread
Could not reschedule thread to 2
parent going into idle loop
        flags (2) 0a000000
midi sequencer
Returning socket 3
Opened listening control socket: 5020
Client ID = 128
Queue ID = 0
Device name did not parse, defaults 128.0
Found 1 descriptor
connected to :0 (5e5430)
display is 1280 by 1024 pixels
Window is w 1280, h 1024, d 24, 0 0 0
Using DirectColor display
masks are ff0000 ff0000 ff0000
Initialise the hammondB3 link to bristol: 5ea200
starting upper manual connection
hostname is localhost, bristol
port is 5020
connfailed