[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: rosegarden without KDE?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at freenet.de
Fri Feb 24 18:01:24 EST 2006

Hello Dana,

Am 2006-02-24 12:49:55, schrieb Dana Olson:

> Well, I don't think that it can be labeled as full-featured as
> Rosegarden et al, but seq24 does a decent job, although it is not so

I will look into "seq24".

> much linear as it is pattern-based. It seems pretty light to me, and
> if you're using a light desktop/wm, you probably don't mind missing
> some features, I would think... I don't know, I had a lot of issues
> with Rosegarden and the way it manages the instruments and how it
> never remembered them if I re-open the file again at a later date, but
> I think it's a great application just the same. But I'll likely use
> seq24 myself, as it seems more like my hardware-based sequencer/synth.
> So, to the OP, there's an option to look into if you can deal with
> loop/pattern-based sequencers.

It is not only me, because I am designing desktops for countries
where a CPU's with 500 MHz with 128 MB of memory is the maximum.

Even if I run curently 4 Quad-Opteron with each 32 GByte of memory,
99% of my friends will never have such machine.

My smallest machine is currently a Sempron 2200+ which is allready
to expensive for most of my friends. (I have bought it in germany
for 220 € without OS)

If the Geeks and Nerds here think only on there self...

        ...there will never a real success story about OSS!

It is hypocrisy.

> Dana

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi