[linux-audio-user] info about demudi

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Mon Feb 27 18:59:38 EST 2006

emanuele ..:: www.rumoridifondo.com ::.. wrote:

> i'm think to switch from mandriva to a more specific distribution for
> audio with linux. so i would like to try demudi.
>
> does demudi need any kind of configuration after his installation
> process (like kernel patch, etc. etc.) or it is yet well configured by
> default?

A/DeMuDi is configured for making music by default. Exactly how well is
slightly hardware-dependent.

> and what about planetCCRMA?
>
> what is for you the best between demudi and planetCCRMA?

I've been using DeMuDi for 3 years and I'm deeply biased. It ultimately
depends on whether you prefer the Debian or Fedora way of doing things.
DeMuDi is very GNOME/Fluxbox oriented, KDE and VST support is probably
better with Planet CCRMA, I would have thought the latter would seem
more familiar coming from Mandriva. Ubuntu Dapper looks like it's going
to come with full mutlimedia support. DeMuDi rules as far as I'm concerned.

cheers,

tim hall
/|\