[linux-audio-user] Problem possibly RT related?

Noah Roberts roberts.noah at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 00:42:43 EST 2006

I bought a wireless PCMCIA card and had the oddest things happen when
I load the module.  As soon as I do that it seems like all programs
get put on hold.  When I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard
they activate.  For instance, if mozilla is loading a site you have to
move the mouse all over the place or it just hangs there doing nothing
... not even an indicator.  The text input cursor in applications
stays in the on/off value it was in and starts blinking again when you
move the mouse.  Trying to get out of X and reboot is not possible
because the whole system hangs as soon as it stops listening to the
mouse and keyboard.

This consistently happens when that driver is loaded but I thought
maybe it could be RT related?  AFAICT the threads for the IRQs the
card is on are not currently set high ... though until I let emerge
mess up my system I think it would have because I believe that is the
same IRQ for my soundcard.

Anyway, I have never seen this type of thing happen.  It seems
obviously to be an interrupt based issue (like unless the mouse or
keyboard interrupts the system the kernel seems to get stuck trying to
talk with the card or something) so right now I am wondering about the
RT patch.  What do you guys think?