[linux-audio-user] Problem possibly RT related?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Jan 1 20:36:28 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 17:06 -0800, Noah Roberts wrote:
> On 1/1/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:
>
> > Check drivers/net/wireless/Kconfig in your kernel source for some
> > examples of devices that should Just Work.
>
> One major problem, and this is pretty universal for any hardware type,
> is that you don't know what you are getting until you plug it in and
> ask it what chipset it uses.  It isn't on the box...rarely do you find
> it on a website.

Yes it's harder if you start from a selection of hardware and then ask
"OK what here works?".  It's much easier to start with a Google search
for what wireless cards work OOTB and then shop accordingly.

Besides I don't agree that it's difficult to figure out given a device
whether it works with Linux, Google should be able to tell you this (as
long as you avoid bleeding edge just-came-out-last-week devices which is
a good idea anyway).

Lee