[linux-audio-user] recording jack input

Garett Shulman shulmang at colorado.edu
Tue Jan 10 16:27:08 EST 2006

Hello, perhaps this rediculous and non-sensical... I have an audio
application outputing sound to the jack input client
alsa_pcm:playback_1. This is a physical playback device on a soundcard.
In addition to playing this back out of the sound card I would also like
to record it to a wav file on the hard drive. Does anybody have any
ideas for doing this. Perhaps a third jack client that has an input and
an output and just writes anything from the input to the output. Then I
could connect the audio application to the input and alsa_pcm:playback_1
and a recording application to the output. I guess ecasound could do
this pretty easily. Is this the best way to acomplish the goal? There
isn't any sort of 'loopback' output for jack input clients is there?
Thanks! -Garett