[linux-audio-user] New Free Proyect starting

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Jan 10 22:04:06 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 02:52 +0000, John Mulholland wrote:
> >I'm interested on to run ProTools in Linx ( like a good sound
> >technician student.. ), if u know some interesting link, make me know
> >it, I need more informaton first...   ( I'm like a robot...  XDD )
> >

> I have been told by a director at DigiDesign that ProTools will never be
> open source friendly. They have a pool of developers who custom build,
> and that is the way it will always continue.

None of these marketing-driven hardware/software companies will ever be
open source friendly, it's a threat to their business model.  Open
drivers make it impossible for your marketing department to lie about
the capabilities of the hardware.  For example, google for "Fraudigy".

Fortunately it does not matter as we have Ardour.

http://www.ardour.org

Lee