[linux-audio-user] breaking up large files?

Emiliano Grilli emillo at libero.it
Wed Jan 11 09:20:43 EST 2006

marted?, 10 gennaio 2006 alle 15:15:19, Dan Stromberg ha scritto:

> What's your favorite GUI app for breaking up large audio files?

* wavbreaker: http://huli.org/wavbreaker/
  Unfortunately, no silence detection

> What's your favorite scriptable command line app for breaking up large
> audio files?

* mp3splt: http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net
  Both CLI and GUI supports silence detection but only works with ogg and
  mp3 format (AFAIK)

* ecasound: http://eca.cx , CLI only
  you can slice audiofiles with the "-t" (processing time) and "-y"
  (start time) switches expressed in seconds:
  ecasound -i:largefile.wav -t:4440 -o:first74min.wav
  ecasound -i:largefile.wav -y:4441 -o:remaining.wav

> I have a bunch of IMA ADPCM .wav files that I want to burn to CD, but a
> number of the more interesting ones are too large to burn to a single
> CD.

for adding track markers to cd:
gcdmaster http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/gcdmaster/index.html

> Thanks!