[linux-audio-user] help with virtual midi?

bernie arai bernie.arai at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 03:05:29 EST 2006

On 1/7/06, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:
> >    # /sbin/modprobe snd-virmidi index=2
> >
> > instead (ie. just "index", rather than "snd_index" )
>
> That's right, you can also get this information with "/sbin/modinfo
> snd-virmidi". Maybe Bernie was following my Virmidi-HOWTO, which still
> had the old syntax. I fixed this mistake now in the version of the
> HOWTO on my site: http://footils.org/cms/show/24 (plus some other
> small fixes...)

thanks so much for everyone's help!

simply eliminating that "snd_" in  "snd_index" did the trick.  virmidi
loaded and works with no trouble now!   i was in fact following the
old virmidi HOWTO you wrote (and i found the old version repeatedly in
many places across the web) so thanks for the pointer to the updated
version.

bernie