[linux-audio-user] questions regarding SBLive multichannel use

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Jan 14 11:56:21 EST 2006

Greetings:

  This question is directed to Lee Revell and anyone who is using or has
tried to use the multichannel capability for the ALSA SBLive module.

  When I select multichannel duplex operation in QJackCtl I get 16
channels for input and two channels for output. Is that the default I/O
channel arrangement ?

  Regardless of framesize I get constant xruns. SR is set to 48 kHz, and
the period size has been left at 2. Has anyone figured a way to defeat
the dreaded xrun with setup ?

  Card is an SBLive Value, system is Demudi 1.3.0rc1, ALSA version is
1.0.10rc1, JACK is 0.100.0.

Best,

dp