[linux-audio-user] New music

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Sat Jan 14 17:19:19 EST 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan, 2006 at 11:36AM -0800, Florin Andrei spake thus:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 11:16 +0000, james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
>
> >   http://blog.dis-dot-dat.net/2006/01/music-delays-and-perl-nightmares.html
>
> Slumpy:
>
> I love the atmosphere. Happy, smiling, full of light.
>
> You weave the drums with authority and skill. The dynamics of the song
> are pretty much driven by the clever rhythm alterations.

If I ever released a real CD, I'd want you writing the sleeve notes!

> Some harp-like sounds in the background in the 2:20's region - I would
> use a less obvious reverb on them, less boxy, more breathy. Maybe that's
> just me. But I do perceive the humorous intent behind the existing
> sound. ;-)

Yes, I'm afraid towards the end of things, I do sometimes just slap
things on to get it finished.  It's not that I don't enjoy making it
(I do, a lot), but the excitement of having completed something takes over.

> Very nice song overall.

Thanks for listening,

James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)