[linux-audio-user] ogg for Windows made really easy

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jan 15 21:54:08 EST 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 20:13, Kevin Cosgrove wrote:
>Anyone else besides me subscribe to "Pro Audio Review"?  I was
>heartened to see hardware advertised in that magazine which supports
>OGG/Vorbis.  OGG being marketed to, or demanded by, pro-audio
>customers is a good thing I'd think.
>
>--
>Kevin

And that is indeed good news, Kevin.  But can we make mp3 irrevelant by
the time the patents expire?  That should be the goal.  And yes, the
pro audio folks are well aware of ogg from my observations.  Now we
just need to figure out a way to get that message out to Joe SixPack &
friends.  We, or better yet FOSS/Vorbis, need some sort of a "new, and
improved, and better than mp3" label and logo that can readily be
identified by Joe to be used in ALL publicity.

OTOH, very few seem to understand that the lack of the Phillips owned
"compact disk digital audio" label on a cd should mean other than squat
to them.  Phillips hasn't exactly spent more than pocket change to tell
the public about that.

Education, education, education.

--
Cheers, Gene