[linux-audio-user] midi through in 2.6

Carlos Pino pinojazz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 17:58:52 EST 2006

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been using the multimedia kernel from demudi, where I used the
> midi through alsa device. Now I succesfully roled my own 2.6.15 with
> this patch: http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/
>
> But I miss the midi through device. How do I enable it with a vanilla
> + patched kernel?

   Hi,if my english doesn't lie,you must enable:

   Device Drivers/Sound/Sound card support/Advanced Linux Sound Architecture

<*>   Sequencer dummy client

    Or choose  <M>   instead

      This is from the "help" tab of the kernel menuconfig

CONFIG_SND_SEQ_DUMMY
Say Y here to enable the dummy sequencer client.  This client is a
simple MIDI-through client: all normal input events are  redirected to
the output port immediately.
You don't need this unless you want to connect many MIDI  devices or
applications together.
To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the module  will be
called snd-seq-dummy.

  Symbol: SND_SEQ_DUMMY [=y]
    Prompt: Sequencer dummy client
Defined at sound/core/Kconfig:31
Depends on: !M68K && SOUND!=n && SND_SEQUENCER
Location:
->Device Drivers

     -> Sound
        -> Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture

           -> Sequencer support (SND_SEQUENCER [=y])

  Hope this help.

Saludos
--Carlos.