[linux-audio-user] Creating tuition videos

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Sat Jan 21 12:32:29 EST 2006

Brett McCoy wrote:

> Michael T D Nelson wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking about writing and producing some instrumental
>> tuition videos. I have a mini-DV firewire camcorder available.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone knew of any (GPL) software I can run on
>> Linux to create these with.
>

> Sorry, I forgot to include links!
>
> Kino: http://www.kinodv.org/article/view/115/1/7/
> (note: now includes ALSA support!)
>
> Cinelerra: http://heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3
> (supports LADSPA plugins)

About cinelerra, my suggestion is to use the cvs branch at:

http://cvs.cinelerra.org

I've had some problems compiling the official version. With the cvs
version I've succesfully edited and rendered (in mpeg2) some video
footage. It is pretty stable.

You can use dvgrab to acquire the footage from the fireware camera.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com