[linux-audio-user] M-audio MobilePre USB status

Christian Gagneraud chgans at free.fr
Tue Jan 24 20:18:27 EST 2006

Alexandre Ratchov wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 12:40:19AM +0100, Christian Gagneraud wrote:

Hi Alex,

I finally buy an Edirol UA25. It seems to be similar in term of feature,
and i have read this type of card was well supported, unfortunately i am
facing some issue. However i can use it for my purpose, except for one
thing: i get jack/ardour/jamin crash when putting jamin as insert on
master track. This is under investigation....

> i just tried to play a sample (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo) and to record the
> output of the sound card (by wiring its "line-out" to its "line-in"). On a
> pentium 200Mhz running openbsd (sorry couldn't get to work my crappy
> software on linux) the shift between playback and record is 6ms. this is the
> time that the sound takes to propagate 2 meters. While this is enough for
> me, i think that the shift will be much smaller on linux, especialy on a
> better hardware/software.

How do you measure this delay? Are you using special software?
I am interesting to know the delay i have with my HW. (recent but
"cheap" laptop)

>>>it is USB1.1 compliant; there is no proprietary and/or hidden features,
>>>(even the direct monitor is compliant).
>>
>>Last thing, what kernel and Alsa version are you using?
>>For now, i'm running 2.6.8 with Alsa 1.0.4. I hope i will not have to
>>update one of them.
>>>

> i'm using linux v. 2.8.6 and alsa v. 1.0.4. (debian sarge)

Still with linux 2.6.8 but i have updated alsa to 1.0.10 (to get my UA25
working), i have also already updated ardour, jamin and jack (but have
switched back to original jack since i cant get it working).

Do you use these packages from debian, demudi or from manual install?

regards,
Christian