[linux-audio-user] FLAC in OGG?

mlang mlang at delysid.org
Tue Jan 24 19:23:47 EST 2006

Hi.

I am wondering, there is a way to either save FLAC data as "native"
FLAC format, or in a OGG container.  Is there any advantage
to using OGG over the native format?  Why would one want to
use ogg containers instead?

And, a somewhat unrelated question, I am looking for a reliable way
to automatically remove leading and trailing silents from
FLAC files.  Does such a tool exist?  It would be able to be used
in a batch mode, I am talking several thousand files here, which is
nothing I'd like to do with anything GUIish...
--
CYa,
  Mario