[linux-audio-user] Re: 192kHz

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 07:34:32 EST 2006

On 1/26/06, Carlo Capocasa <capocasa at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been planning to buy an RME MultiFace sound adapter for quite some
> time now, but now I see all these 192kHz devices on the market.
>
> My question, how useful is 192kHz for practical purposes? How quickly is
> that likely to change? I'd really appreciate some advice here, thank you.
>
> Carlo

Similar to 96 khz. Totally useless. What do you think the frequency
response range of a optical film soundtrack is? How many people
complain about that?  People should work on making decent music
instead of wanking over numbers. Or should spend the extra on another
instrument or buying more records to listen to what other people are
up to.  Not that i'm all opposed to making up for lacking musical
talent with wanking over numbers, if i was i'd also be in problems!
;-)

Loki