[linux-audio-user] 192kHz

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladt at punkass.com
Thu Jan 26 09:45:50 EST 2006

Joe Hartley escribe:
> In a side by side test, I _think_ my old ears hear the slightest of
> differences between recordings done at 24/96 and those done at 16/44

Are you sure that those differences are based on the sampling
frequency?

> but in the end, I decided to save the disk space and always record
> at 16/44

That's a wise decision.

> since everything I do is going to get resampled to that anyway for
> CDs.

As everything should be dithered while mastering, I would not worry
about resampling. Please note that I focus my comments on bit depth
more than in sampling frequency.

Cordially, Ismael
--
Tout fourmille de commentaries, d'auteurs il en est grande cherté

     http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/
     http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivalladt/