[linux-audio-user] Need advise - VST plugin chainer

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:06:59 EST 2006

Hello all,

Last night I was successful in installing and running VST instruments
with fst-1.7.  I cannot begin to describe how excited I am to have
this working on Linux, and how appreciative I am to  those responsible
for fst.

Now that I have it working, I need suggestions on a program.  Is there
an app that will allow me to run multiple VSTi's assigned to different
MIDI channels?  I'm thinking something along the lines of Cubase's
V-Stack or the Muse Receptor.  I have an idea that one could just
launch multiple fst instances and do all of the connecting through
Jack, but that doesn't seem like the most elegant solution.  And
besides, how would you assign different ones to different MIDI
channels?

Thanks for any help you can give.

--
Josh Lawrence