[linux-audio-user] Re: 192kHz

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 05:07:55 EST 2006

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Michael T D Nelson escribe:
>
>>The "bickering about the dynamics of CDs" could be partly due to the
>>production used in lots of CDs - there is often a tendency to
>>overcompress popular music (in particular) to ridiculous levels,
>>reducing the dynamic range considerably.
>

> [1]This is the best article I've ever read about this issue
>
> 1. http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/8A133F52D0FD71AB86256C2E005DAF1C
>
> Cordially, Ismael

I've read that article (and I've heard the Rush CDs!) and I couldn't
agree more.

In general, I can't help but feel that if the engineer always needs to
compress a acoustic recording, then the musician should really learn how
to control the dynamics of his performance better.

Dynamics are an important part of music!

Regards,
Michael