[linux-audio-user] Re: 192kHz (Now a bit OT)

Michael T D Nelson m_nels at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 09:01:45 EST 2006

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Michael T D Nelson escribe:
>
>>Dynamics are an important part of music!
>

> In the case of classical music almost as important as melody, harmony
> or rhythm themselves. Even there's a lot of minimal electroacustic
> music out there where dynamics take the main part in expressivity.
>
> Cordially, Ismael

Absolutely.

Just the other day I found some classical recordings I have on my
computer (piano works by Chopin, orchestral compositions by Bach, etc),
and listened to them on my new Alesis M1 active monitors.

I found that my appreciation of the recording increased immensely. (With
decent speakers you notice that) well-recorded music with natural
dynamics is just so much more *alive*.

Don't get me wrong - I can appreciate the value of some good loud rock,
or some nice hypnotic beats, but too many producers (and mastering
engineers...) compress the life out of music.

Regards,
Michael