[linux-audio-user] Straw Poll: External MIDI

Adam Sampson ats at offog.org
Sat Jan 28 07:02:44 EST 2006

tim hall <tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk> writes:

> I'd like to take a straw poll on how many Linux Audio users make use of
> external MIDI devices.

I've got a Studiologic SL-990 Pro controller keyboard and a Roland
D-110 synth module, both connected to an M-Audio Audiophile 2496. I
don't use the D-110 very often; most of the time I'm playing piano or
Rhodes soundfonts through fluidsynth and a load of LADSPA effects in
JACK Rack. No problems getting it set up; I've written a wrapper
script that does all the JACK and ALSA plumbing automatically for me.

--
Adam Sampson <ats at offog.org>                         <http://offog.org/>