[linux-audio-user] Re: 192kHz

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sat Jan 28 07:10:02 EST 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 17:44, Florin Andrei was like:
> Maybe my
> ears are not good enough (I'm 36, I can still hear the horizontal scan
> of a TV set if I'm sitting nearby)

Interesting. I find the TV set noise to be quite loud and I definitely have
notches in my hearing. On sensitive days, I have found just being in the same
room to cause a certain amount of apparently physical discomfort. I don't
find CRT monitors to be as bad. I also wish I could retune mains frequency to
54Hz. (I work at Verdi/scientific pitch when I can. i.e. for solo pieces).

I seem to be having a day of pointless ranting. Just ignore me. :)
--
cheers,

tim hall
http://glastonburymusic.org.uk/tim