[linux-audio-user] Ubuntu Studio wiki & hi, I'm new

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Sat Jan 28 13:32:49 EST 2006

I'm new here, and just wanted to announce my community wiki for using
Ubuntu for a DAW.

http://www.ubuntustudio.com/ is the URL. If you want to help, sign up
and make an account. I'll be closing off public registration soon so
that we don't get an influx of bots and malicious users. People will
still be able to join by emailing me direct.

This wiki is designed to help newbies who use Ubuntu get all of the
audio applications up and running. It also is serving as a way to
figure out what needs to happen with Ubuntu to get it up to good
standards.

Mark Shuttleworth and I have been in contact about this, and he is
willing to talk to the kernel team to get things sorted out. Yes,
Dapper has CONFIG_PREEMPT enabled, but I am hoping to get the
CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT patch in there.

Anyhow.

A bit about me. I've been using Linux exclusively for about 4 years. I
started with Mandrake and quickly moved to Debian, and recently I
switched to Ubuntu because I decided that I just want to use my
system. I still choose Debian Stable for servers though, because I
think Debian is amazingly awesome.

I've been making music ever since I got my first guitar. I've recorded
a lot of stuff, and put anything that I deemed halfway decent up on my
website, www.rivironline.com. Everything there was recorded in
Audacity, and one song was done with JACK, ZynAddSubFX, and
Rosegarden.

I am still very new to using JACK and friends, and I look forward to
learning a lot.

--
Dana Olson