[linux-audio-user] [ANN] chuck + more @ dorkbot NYC on Feb 1st

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 11:18:09 EST 2006

On 1/29/06, Tracey Hytry <shakti at bayarea.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 05:00:00 -0800
> Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 1/28/06, michael at michaelshiloh.com <michael at michaelshiloh.com> wrote:
> > > Any
> > > other linux audio users list members in the SF bay area?
> >
> > There are a number of us out here.....
> >
> > - Mark
>
> Alas we are - Tracey

BTW - I tried Chuck for the first time this morning, just using a few
examples to see how it worked. It built cleanly for Linux-Jack and
came up working right away with no xruns. Since I'm not a programmer
I'll probably never make effective use of it, unless someone builds
some synths, but it seems like a very interesting way to try to build
real synths such as those in Reaktor. I'm excited, but also worried
I'll never make it useful. Anyway, for those programming types out
there, if I can make sounds in 10 minutes I think you could make music
in 30!

Cheers,
Mark