[linux-audio-user] Music: Troete

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Jan 30 04:42:52 EST 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 11:33:30PM +0100, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
>
> >Very very nice, totally like it. The "mmmfff mmmff" that
> >breaks into the whistling at 1:30, ha. The way it stomps
> >about, I feel teleported into Aphex twin's living room.

Wow, thanks, Wolfgang.
Maybe I should listen to more Aphex twin, then :)

> Thorsten,
> I believe that you're very talented.
>
> Where can I find some more of your music?
>
> c.

*Blush*
Thank you very much, Cesare, I'm flattered.

Besides the recent Gnomes collaboration with the great Steve D
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/thorsten-wilms-and-steve-doonan_gnomes.ogg
http://ccmixter.org/people/thorwil/thorwil_-_Gnomes_full_percussion_track.ogg
http://ccmixter.org/people/thorwil/thorwil_-_Gnomes_full_percussion_track.zip
(single tracks, dry)
there's the earlier instance
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/thorsten-wilms-and-steve-doonan_this-and-that.ogg
(I especialy love Steve's flute on that)
with the original
http://www.xscd.com/pub/music/audio/ogg/thorsten-wilms_this-and-that.ogg
(the last one shouldn't be on lam.fugal, because it's windows/cubase made)

27 tracks produced 1997/98 with nothing but a GEM S3 keyboard
workstation, recorded on Linux, mastered with Jamin last year on
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=creator%3A%22Thorsten%20Wilms%22
But they're of a completely different quality. Style varies a lot.
Will hand out MIDI files on request. Sadly I have no single instrument
tracks recorded, because it was way too much work.
I would love to see some reviews there, even very critical ones.
Closest to Troete should be
http://www.archive.org/details/s3_12_feel_the_flow

I still have 2 tracks from the win/cubase era I should add
to archive.org (think will do so soon).

[3 audio tapes full of music made with a Korg M-1 are waiting to
be recorded, but my tape deck died (includes attempts to do
techno and something punk-rock like wih that old lady.)
More than 30 unfinished tracks in various states of completion.]

Best,
Thorsten Wilms