[linux-audio-user] MOTU Traveler ! opinions !?

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Sat Jul 1 05:55:28 EDT 2006

cezar at mixandgo.ro wrote:
> Hello list,
>
>   A friend of mine is thinking in buying a MOUT Traveler. I've looked
> online at it, and it seems like a great interface but I have some
> questions:
>
> 1. Is it supported by linux ?
Not yet, but somebody's currently working on it. freebob 2.0 will have
(some) motu support due to a massive reverse engineering effort.

However, it will be reverse engineered support, hence not as good as
manufacturer backed support. If you find linux support important, please
choose an interface from a manufacturer that does support linux development.

Pieter Palmers
FreeBoB developer