[linux-audio-user] AMD64 question: update

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:38:06 EDT 2006

> I haven't yet decided what HD to buy, I see good prices on 320G drives, but I'm tempted to stay with my usual plan and install two drives, maybe two 160G drives. I'm especially interested in finding out if there are particular brands to avoid, and of course I'd like to know the recommended brands.

For HDs there are two I would reccomend.  The first being Seagate, and
they probably have the upper hand at the moment with thier newer drives
and the price per storage(750 GB for 450 dollars aint bad;)
   The other I would reccomend is Hitachi.

Those are the two brands I use in all of my machines on any regular
basis.  Once in a while I might get Maxtor or someone like that if I am
just backing stuff onto it, pulling it out and not touching it again;)

        Seablade