[linux-audio-user] aseqjoy - modulation and pitch?

Paul Coccoli pcoccoli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 12:38:25 EDT 2006

On 7/4/06, DCZX <downerczx at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a basic midi keyboard with no modulation or
> pitch bend wheels. I downloaded and compiled aseqjoy
> and was hoping to set up my x axis on my joystick as
> modulation and the y as pitch.
>
> However, I have no idea where to start doing this.
> Does anyone have an idea of where to start?
>
> thank you

> http://mail.yahoo.com

RTFM:

-0 [controller]
    Select the MIDI controller ID for axis 0. As a default value
aseqjoy will use 10 + the axis ID, so for axis 0 that would be 10 + 0
= 10.
-1 [controller], -2 [controller], -3 [controller],
    Just like -0 this will set the controller IDs for axes 1, 2, 3.

This will work for modulation (you need to look up what CC number the
mod wheel is for whatever softsynths you're using), but I'm not sure
about pitch bend.  I think aseqjoy will only send CC messages, and
pitch bend is it's own message type.  If so, patching aseqjoy would be
simple.  I already modified my copy to send CC messages on joystick
button pushes instead of changing the channel.

I can probably whip a patch if you need help.

paul