[linux-audio-user] AMD64 question: update

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Thu Jul 6 15:14:43 EDT 2006

On Thu Jul 06, 2006 at 02:00:05PM -0400, Dan Easley wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Pieter Palmers <pieterp at joow.be> wrote:
> >Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> Thanks much for this whole thread.  It's added substance to what I
> previously thought was just personal paranoia and suspicion.
>
> I've been under the impression it's cheaper to buy used UPS's and buy
> replacement batteries for them.  Has anyone done this to good results?

im guessing 2 drives , synched nightly via rsync, or in a RAID configuration, is cheaper, and friendlier for the environment than huge/heavy UPS batteries. i guess i'd invest in that if the electricity infrastructure in my area was particularly bad. or in combination with daytime solar replenishing to run completely off-grid.

soudns like overkill as a hedge against drive failure though. drives will fail.