[linux-audio-user] Re: Wiki

Juhana Sadeharju kouhia at nic.funet.fi
Sat Jul 8 13:00:36 EDT 2006

>From: Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia at nic.funet.fi>
>>
>>Definitely take a look at mediawiki: http://www.mediawiki.org/
>
>Many wiki pages have both the current wiki pages and the control pages
>at the same directory. Then wget may download multiple GBs(!!) of
>control pages instead of 200 MB of wiki pages.

Because wget got trapped to such a wiki recently I have true
figures:
 -Document is about 20 MB (with duplicate files I'm sure)
 -docu/index.php/ directory with Special:Recentchangeslinked/ etc subdirs
  is 63 MB
 -The whole wiki at docu/ is 13.5 GB with 1,600,000 files

20 MB vs 13.5 GB makes me think the wiki is not of the best technology.
The download software could be better as well. I will mail my
suggestions to wget list.

Juhana