[linux-audio-user] AMD Turion 64 X2 ?

Yves Potin yves_p at nnx.com
Mon Jul 10 19:38:38 EDT 2006

Le 11 Jul à 01:08, oz ecrivait:

> > If you can wait a week or two, I am getting a dual Opteron X2 (4 core
> > 64-bit) machine this week and my intention is to do audio work on it. I
> > can tell you how it goes. I hope it goes well, I've spent a lot of money!
>
> Yeah, that would be great to read about it here in the forum!
> And I have to wait anyway, because my favorite notebook is not
> available the next few weeks.

        Hi.
        I have exactly the same hardware, and I'm particularly happy with
it. It works really great, including with Ingo Molnar's realtime patch
(2.6.16 kernel). The only difference is that I use it with 32 bits gentoo,
not 64 bits.
        By the way, does one can expect real improvements with the 2.6.17
kernel, especially regarding the new scheduler for dual core CPU ?
        Thanks in advance for any advice,

Y.