[linux-audio-user] Re: LAU FAQ WIKI

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Fri Jul 14 04:12:04 EDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:41:42PM +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> >http://affenbande.org/~thorwil/wordpress/2006/07/13/laulinuxaudioorgfaq-8/
> >

> That's looking very slick now.

Thanks!

> >I have just been told that my picture implies linux audio would be
> >a confusing maze. Wonder if I should go back to plain ellipses, or
> >something?
> >

> Personally it doesn't bother me and it's also pretty true in many cases.
>  I'm proud of the fact that I can navigate the maze and if someone new
> to the system has any illusions that it will be easy to use Linux Audio
> software they have been mislead. In much the same way that a bedroom DJ
> is unlikely to get a multiplatinum single. It takes hard work and skill
> to get to the top for the majority of people (of course a minority use
> looks or bribery but that's a different story...

Cool. Yes, implying it's easy would be a lying, indicating complexity
is honest. It just bothered me because it isn't what I meant. I started
with the ellipses as naive audio wave visualisation, just to give depth
to the picture. The cut-outs and bridges are meant to give it a shamanic
techno look, I didn't have a maze in mind at all :)
Ok, so it will stay as is.

> I would like to see your ideas for incorporating the site layout into
> the design.

Hey, one thing at a time ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms