[linux-audio-user] Intel core-duo cpu and realtime patches

joel silvestre j.silvestre at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 15 04:19:44 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a brand new T2400 core duo laptop and some problems...

SMP realtime patched kernel hangs at kernel boot.

I first try FC5/PlanetCCRMA with 2.6.16-1 out of box kernel. Both SMP
rrt and rdt doesn't boot, non SMP versions works flawlessly.

Then I try to compile 2.6.16 with rt26 patch and 2.6.17-rt7 on Ubuntu
6.06 with the same results. SMP hangs, UP works well.

Non realtime patched SMP kernel works nice.

Does anyone experience the same?

Maybe (I hope!) I made a mistake somewhere?

joel